- Odd Duck Media
- Wildlife Removal
- 0 Comments
- February 5, 2024
Spring Means the Start of Rattlesnake and Copperhead Season
As spring blossoms in San Antonio and the Hill Country, it brings with it a vibrant display of nature’s wonders. However, this season also marks the awakening of a less-welcome resident—the venomous snake. Copperheads and rattlesnakes, in particular, emerge from their winter dens, making snake safety a crucial consideration for residents. In this guide, we’ll delve into the dangers of venomous snakes, share tips to avoid snake encounters, and assure you that Varmint Masters Wildlife Removal is your go-to source for comprehensive critter removal services, including snakes and their dens.
The Emergence of Venomous Snakes:
- Spring Awakening: As temperatures rise, copperheads and rattlesnakes emerge from their winter dens, seeking warmth and prey.
- Dangers of Venom: Both copperheads and rattlesnakes are venomous, and their bites can result in serious health complications. Prompt medical attention is crucial if bitten.
Snake Safety Tips for Spring:
- Stay on Designated Paths: When hiking or exploring nature trails, stick to well-trodden paths and avoid venturing into tall grasses or undergrowth.
- Wear Appropriate Footwear: Sturdy, closed-toe shoes and long pants offer an additional layer of protection against potential snake bites.
- Watch Your Step: Be vigilant, especially in areas with rocks, fallen branches, or tall grass. Snakes may be camouflaged and difficult to spot.
- Keep a Safe Distance: If you encounter a snake, maintain a safe distance and avoid provoking or attempting to handle it. Snakes can strike if they feel threatened.
Varmint Masters Wildlife Removal: Your Critter Removal Experts:
If you find a snake or suspect a den near your property, attempting removal on your own can be risky. Varmint Masters Wildlife Removal excels at all types of critter removal, including snakes and their dens. Our trained professionals use safe and humane methods to relocate snakes, ensuring the safety of both residents and the snakes.
Preventive Measures for Snake Dens:
- Seal Entry Points: Prevent snakes from entering your property by sealing gaps and holes in foundations, walls, and around doors.
- Property Inspection: Regularly inspect your property for potential snake dens, especially in secluded areas like woodpiles, sheds, and rocky outcrops.
- Professional Exclusion Services: Varmint Masters offers expert exclusion services to make your property less appealing to snakes, reducing the likelihood of infestations.
As spring unfolds its beauty, remember that venomous snakes are also awakening. Stay vigilant, follow snake safety tips, and should you encounter or suspect a snake den on your property, trust Varmint Masters Wildlife Removal for professional and effective critter removal services. Ensure a critter-free and safe spring season for you and your family. Call us today for comprehensive wildlife removal, including snakes!